When To Get A Car Wreck Lawyer: What most people do not know is that car accident attorneys work on a contingency fee. That means they don’t get paid until you do. The best part? You can call for a free consultation and the fee is usually very reasonable.
The number of cars on Texas roads drastically decreased in 2020 due to COVID-19 restrictions and for obvious reasons, more people were staying home. One would think this would lead to fewer car accidents. However, Texas saw an increase in motor vehicle deaths in 2020.
So what does this increasing number mean for you, the Texas driver? It means that you need a car accident lawyer on your side. If you or a loved one were to help get you the settlement you deserve! Vehicle damages, medical bills, lost wages as a result of taking time off to treat injuries, are all stressful and can seem like an insurmountable feat.
What Hiring a Dallas Car Accident Attorney Can Do For You
Without a car wreck lawyer, you’re up against insurance companies that want to try to get you to settle for less than you are entitled to! Don’t let the insurance companies push you around, get the legal representation that you need before they convince you to take less than your case is worth.
According to 5 NBC-DFW, Dallas ranks fifth in the nation for fatal crashes! This means you are much more likely to need a Dallas car accident attorney on your side! Contact Thompson Law for your free consultation. We don’t make a dime until you do!
Whether you’re involved in a car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, or were the victim of the negligence of another driver you need an auto accident attorney on your side! Our experienced team of Dallas car accident lawyers will step up to bat for you against the insurance companies!
Questions to Ask an Auto Accident Attorney
What Is Your Fee Structure?
You will not incur any attorney fees, court costs, legal expenses, or any other costs unless we recover money on your behalf. If we do obtain a settlement for you, our fee will only come out of a portion of the settlement.
What Will My Out of Pocket Expenses Be for a Car Wreck Lawyer?
Thompson Law offers free consultation and we never charge any out-of-pocket fees! As stated above, we don’t win until you win!
What Is a Typical Range for Settlements in Similar Cases?
During your consultation with our experienced team of car accident lawyers, you will be able to ask such questions, free of charge! We have a breadth of experience handling auto accidents in Dallas and beyond. You can check out our results if you want to see what kind of settlements we have gotten for our clients in the past.
What Type of Experience Do You Have with Cases Involving My Specific Injuries?
Our team of Dallas car accident attorneys has seen a lot of injuries and has dealt with many types of injuries. Regardless of your injury, you need representation so that you can cover your medical bills. However minor you think your injuries may be, it is worth a free consultation with Thompson Law.
You may be surprised at how seemingly latent injuries eventually worsen with time. It is always a good idea to seek medical attention directly following an accident so that you can get a proper diagnosis. This is also important for doctors to be able to predict potential residual effects of your injury.
You Don’t Want to Fight The Insurance Companies Alone
So where should I find my car accident attorney in Dallas/ Fort Worth? Look no further because Ryan Thompson and the team at Thompson Law are ready and willing to give you a free consultation, anytime!
Here are some of the less-than-transparent tactics that insurance companies try to use to get victims of auto accidents to accept less money than their claim is worth:
- Attempts to Minimize Injuries: Adjusters often try to claim that injuries were pre-existing, or the treatment was excessive.
- Apology Programs: Insurance adjusters will use phrases like “we’re sorry you got hurt” to avoid directly stating blame. They will generally follow up by trying to get you to accept a settlement.
- Blaming YOU: Contributory Negligence is a concept that you want to be familiar with if you are a Texas resident. Texas follows comparative negligence common law and you can be held accountable for all or part of your auto accident expenses if they deem that you were partially responsible.
- Claim Delays: Insurers may attempt to delay the claims process so a lawyer cannot take your case. The statute of limitations for filing an injury claim in Texas is 2 years after the accident so you need to make sure that you’re able to get a Dallas auto accident lawyer on your side prior to that 2-year mark.
- Denying Claims: Insurance companies will deny claims due to issues like policy coverage exclusions or “improper paperwork”. They use this tactic to try to make you frustrated with the process and give up the fight.
Auto Accidents in Dallas County
The Dallas/ Fort Worth area consistently ranks as one of the topmost dangerous metropolitan areas to drive in, in Texas. According to TxDOT, in 2019 there were 257 fatal accidents on Texas roads and 271 fatalities due to auto accidents in Dallas County. Driving in the Dallas / Fort Worth area is clearly a hazardous feat and it is more than likely that you or a loved one in this area will become a victim of a car accident. That’s why you need to know who to call if you are injured.